Whitefriar Street Church is a Carmelite order church in Dublin, Ireland. Its connection to love isn’t as obvious as in the other places mentioned – it’s not built as a gift for the loved one nor as a memory of the passed lover. But it treasures something special.
In 1836 Pope Gregory XVI donated the relics of Saint Valentine to this church, more precisely to friar John Spratt who visited Rome some time before and was known as a notable preacher. Saint Valentine, 3rd century martyr to whom a shrine in this church has been dedicated since the middle of the 20th century, is a well known patron to those in love. Therefore it is no surprise that he is the most visited on February 14th, his feast day, when couples come and pray to him.